Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Necessity is the mother of invention. I was working on a knit baby bib the other day away from home and supplies. When I got to the shoulder/tie sections I realized I did not have a stitch holder to places the stitches on for the side I wasn't working. Neither did I have a cable needle, extra straight needle, pencil, or any of the other possible replacements.

As it happened, I was knitting on circular needles, so when I got to the row where I needed to divide the bib, I knit the required number of stitches and left them on the needles, cast off the required number for the divide, and then knit the remainder for the other side. I proceeded to work that side as directed. When I cast that side off, the other stitches were still on the needles ready for me to knit. The only thing I had to do on that bib was slide the stitches to the other end of the needles so I started on the correct side of the bib, attached my yarn and away I went.

It was a little awkward at first, but it worked. No more stitch holder to keep up with.

Has anyone else done this? If you have, are there any ideas for making it a little less awkward?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom