Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ask4j said:
What did you end up making?
A blanket 37 X 43. It was 4 balls that was given to me and I had no idea of the amount it was. I started with 17, then 19 and knew it didn't look right. I had the 50s to eventually use as a decoration but thought I'd give big knitting a try.

·
Registered
18,366 Posts
brims said:
I had to try it just once. I knitted this on size 50 needles. When I say just once I'm serious because it was a lot harder than I thought it would be.
Been there. I KnitSeed with 35 and 50. Each only once. One and done. I knitted doggie blankies one for each of my daughters dogs. It was hard in the hands and wrists

·
Registered
7,331 Posts
I once knitted a rug on Size 50 needles. For the "yarn", I cut and sewed 2 inch strips of cotton polyester broadcloth together, end to end. The rug was exactly what I wanted, and it is very easy care. BUT it got to be heavy going from about the half way point on, and it was like knitting with tree trunks! I've never tried it again!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom