Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been knitting with Sugar n Cream cotton yarn, making a spa cloth. I have been using basketweave stitch, lot of purls and switching to knit.
My forearms feel very sore!
Is it the cotton yarn, havng to push the needle harder?

Has anyone else had this problem?

I'm worried I'm going to have forearms like Popeye!

Lois

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
((((((((( Yes, it's the yarn and I have issues crocheting with it, too + the BO/s. I go up a needle or hooks size and this resolves it.

Hope this helps!
~~~~~~~

Loistec said:
I have been knitting with Sugar n Cream cotton yarn, making a spa cloth. I have been using basketweave stitch, lot of purls and switching to knit.
My forearms feel very sore!
Is it the cotton yarn, havng to push the needle harder?

Has anyone else had this problem?

I'm worried I'm going to have forearms like Popeye!

Lois

·
Registered
11 Posts
Home remedy for tendonitis or "knitting-itis". Contrast Baths! In your 2 sided kitchen sink or in 2 10" or deeper tubs (you need to be able to fit from your finger tips to your elbows in the bottom) fill one side completely with the hottest water you can stand and the other with ice & water. Get a towel & hold your breath cause this isn't comfy but it will work...starting with the ice water, plunge your forearms in over your elbows & keep them there as long as you can stand. (I'm up to about 3 min) Then switch immediately to the hot water. Switch back & forth 2 more times, then end in the cold. Do this twice a day - you won't recognize your arms. Caution - do not scald yourself in the hot water. If this doesn't help - go get a deep tissue massage!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom