Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
((((((( I'm not familiar with boarder (need definition) in I-cord but am familiar with I-cord patterns and applications both in knitting and crocheting.....

Send me a private message and we can get more specifis on what you mena, are making, etc.

TTYL!
!!!!!!!!!!!!
quote=PamG]Do anyone know where I can find a i-cord boarder knitting pattern please? Thanks in advance.[/quote]

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What I mean to anyone know of a written pattern to the i-cord boarder. I need to have it written out so I will remember the steps on putting on a finished blanket, PLEASE?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorlenna,
You just gave me a idea so I looked for written icord border pattern and found it on a site called CraftFreely.com where they had a beanie bag pattern with that icord border or trim as they called it on it. Thanks for the idea.

·
Registered
16,345 Posts
PamG said:
Sorlenna,
You just gave me a idea so I looked for written icord border pattern and found it on a site called CraftFreely.com where they had a beanie bag pattern with that icord border or trim as they called it on it. Thanks for the idea.
Awesome! Happy knitting!

·
Registered
760 Posts
There is also an easy way to make i-cord. In any craft store purchase an inexpensive Knitting Knobby & they come in all sizes. Susan Bates makes them and so do many others. I purchased one for a i-cord trim on a baby sweater. Cost was a little over $5 & it is so easy to use. Us old timers would remember these tools as "horse reins"

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank Mickey, but I know icord it always easy to make. All that is is knitting without purling and its on always on a double pointed needle. It was attaching it to blanket as a lining was what I needed to learn, I already found it. But Thanks for all the help guy for giving me idea on how to find it. Sometimes that all it takes for me is a simple idea.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Mickey17173 said:
There is also an easy way to make i-cord. In any craft store purchase an inexpensive Knitting Knobby & they come in all sizes. Susan Bates makes them and so do many others. I purchased one for a i-cord trim on a baby sweater. Cost was a little over $5 & it is so easy to use. Us old timers would remember these tools as "horse reins"
How do you attach the i-cord to the knitted item after you make the i-cord?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Jeanie like this:
I- Corn Trim or boarder if you like to call it.
Cast on 5 stitches on a 10 1/2 double-pointed needle. *Slide the stitches back to the beginning of the needle.
Knit 4.
Knit the 5th stitch together with the next stich in the blanket. Do not turn. Move the needle with the stiches to the left hand. Pull the yarn across the back of the cord and slide the stitches to the other side of the double-point needle. *Repeat from*.
When beginning and end of I-cod meet bind off and weave ends together to create a smooth line.
This did come from a little bag and on the part about 5 stitch together is reall for the mitered triangle but I changed that to a blanket. B/c all you doing is either attaching to a bag or a blanket or whatever that would be called to be attached to.
Also see some of the video these nice people suggested to me. The show the attachment of a I-cord in action.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom