Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have found the pattern for a man's scarf called cranberry, and it has a left twist stitch. It doesn't make sense to me just reading the words of instruction. I there a video showing the left twist stitch so I can see how it's done?
Also, I evidently made a mistake when signing in. I couldn't find the place to introduce myself.
I'm from Northern California, and I love to read all the emails.

·
Registered
13,787 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you so much! I think I've emailed the you tube info on the left and right twist stitch.
this is amazing that there is input 24/7!!! It's 11:30PM here and I'm getting responses from Chicago... I love this. I guess knitters are never lonely.
I hope I get to the point where I can help other knitters.
Again, thank you for your expertise and your friendliness.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Here's a great demonstration of both right and left twist stitches.
Basically with the left twist you knit the through the back of the 2nd stitch and then knit both 2 stitches through the back and then take off if that makes sense.
I hope you come right with this,it seems easier when you are shown ;)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Australia;
This is about as close as I'll ever get to your beautiful continent.Somehow all the younger generation can afford to fly down, but that does't look possible for retirement folk.
Thanks for the welcome.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Those who had superanuation before the changes to all workers, are the ones who travel now. My parents did a lot of travelling after they retired and my brother has been on several cruises most recently round the Mediterranean. All from Scotland, not here on Oz. I'm going courtesy of my daughter.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
have a wonderful time. My husband and I took one trip to England Wales and Ireland. Tried to do it all in 2 weeks, and with visiting family, we didn't even get to see Buckingham Palace. Enjoyed Wales, but went to the wrong part of Ireland. It was so generic. My husband said I was looking for Barry Fitzgerald... We went to Powerscourt because that was the area from which my family came. If I go again I will go to Central and Western Ireland from what I've heard.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom