Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the end of the row I am working on in crochet it says pushing ps to right side of work. Does anyone know what ps means. I have googled it and also looking in my books. I cand now find out what it means. thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
(((((((( I believe that PS means puff stitch.

As one makes some textured crochet stitches, they can pop to the wrong side of the work. So, just push or pop them to the right side of your work.

If you send me the complete pattern or an entire row of your pattern stitch, I can bee sure.

Another stitch that pops to the wrong side easily if what I call the raspberry stitch - just pop it to the side you want it.......or you can develop a reversible item, too.

Raspberry stitch on a multiple of 2 + 1:

Row 1: SC in second ch from hook, sc across; ch 1
Row 2: (SC in 1st stitch, TRC in next st) all across

What happens is the short stitch draws down the tall stitch making it pop and look like a raspberry. I haven't tried it with a SC, DTRC.

Good luck!

Donna Rae
Brandon, Iowa )))))

first ste .
Dimples16 said:
At the end of the row I am working on in crochet it says pushing ps to right side of work. Does anyone know what ps means. I have googled it and also looking in my books. I cand now find out what it means. thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
(((((((( So, was it a PS (puff stitch)? LOL!!

Donna Rae
Brandon, Iowa ))))))

Dimples16 said:
Thank you for your help'

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
(((((((( Sweet! I've never been sorry about doing both knitting and crocheting; 1970, 1973.

Donna Rae )))))))

Dimples16 said:
Yes it was' Thanks'

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
((((((( Are you my age? LOL!! 3 Jan, 1949. @@

Me, too on needing to know more (and doing something aout it)! LOL!!

Donna Rae ))))))

Dimples16 said:
I do both have been since 1972. But there is alot I still don't know.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom