Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Discussion starter · #1 ·
I've been knitting on a regular basis for a little over a year now but until recently I've kept it to small projects and felted bags and toys... instant gratification and hidden flaws.
I found some lovely yarn a few months ago - Miraso's "Tuhu" - 50% baby llama, 40% fine merino, 10% angora. With it I've knit one cardigan - and ripped it out, started a pullover - and ripped it out, and am now looking at the Sweetheart Pullover from the Fall 2012 issue of Interweave Knits, which I would like to be less fitted than the patten calls for and they describe as an option.
I have my knitted swatches for gauge and can figure out what will "fit" but want to make sure this one fits just right - not baggy, not tight, just right. No more tear-outs!
Do any of you have suggestions on ease v.s. negative ease so I get that fits but not too tight or baggy look?
Thanks, Cathy

Maybe go up needle size by 2---will loosen it and no need to figutre out stitch increases--I do this often and have not had any negative results Good Luck and please post pictures

If you have the finished measurement of a sweater that you're happy with, I would use that as a base to calculate how many stitches are needed for that measurement. (example if you want the finished measurement to be 38" and your gauge is 5.5 stitches per inch you would need a total of 209 stitches or 105 per side)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom