Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need your help in finding a valentine sweater to knit for my granddaughter who is almost 2. Anything with harts and possibly not very hard, I am not a very good knitter. If it is easier for anyone to email me a pattern here is my email info.

Thank you for any help you can give me.

·
Registered
15,399 Posts
Do you have a sweater pattern already. If you do you could just add hearts to it. The are a few patterns on favecraft.com that are for knitted hearts. You could just top-stitch them on to a sweater. Just a suggestion..

·
Registered
11,155 Posts
Deb-Babbles said:
Do you have a sweater pattern already. If you do you could just add hearts to it. The are a few patterns on favecraft.com that are for knitted hearts. You could just top-stitch them on to a sweater. Just a suggestion..
I like this idea. You could knit a plain sweater and then do duplicate hearts on it. I am sure there are instructions and videos on the net showing how to do duplicate stitch.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great idea. I will look for a pullover type sweater and do that, maybe for St. Pat's Day! Thank you, thank you!
Deb-Babbles said:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What a great crew you all are. It is so nice to belong in your group.
Thank you for all your help. I am on my way to get started, and on the way to pray from my heart for you all.
God's blessings for you and yours!

·
Registered
9,952 Posts
Years ago, one of the knitting magazines (Knitter's?) did an issue for Valentines day. A lot of the patterns in that issue were reprinted in a book called Arans & Celtics by Interweave Press.

There were two that I especially liked for children near the back of the book. One had heart shaped cables, and the other had hearts and OXO cables.

If you can find a copy of it right away you might do something in time.

·
Registered
872 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
I have also saved the pattern, and will try to get the yarn soon. I have a little 1 year old granddaughter that will look adorable in this Valentine Sweater. (Next Year, LOL) Thanks so much everyone for all the patterns.

·
Registered
6,747 Posts
marisa renn said:
I need your help in finding a valentine sweater to knit for my granddaughter who is almost 2. Anything with harts and possibly not very hard, I am not a very good knitter. If it is easier for anyone to email me a pattern here is my email info.

Thank you for any help you can give me.
Have you seen the washcloth that is all hearts? You could make that larger for the back, and then use a regular pattern for the front, or more hearts! Would that work for you? :)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks everyone for your help. I did it, and also made her the little sister dress, for St.Pat's Day. I wish I could get them on here to show you, I am not that advanced on the computer! Sorry!!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom