Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
190 Posts
I just got my IPAD and getting the hang of it! It is lots of fun but sometimes my spelling is bad. Have not figured out how to do spell check on it. I too have been down loading patterns and links but have not used or purchased any of the knitting apps yet. It will be interesting to see what others say. However the real reason I got this IPAD is for all the knitting books and mags I buy. I purchased the creative knitting only to find out that it uses flash and IPAD does not support flash. Other than that, I love it so far. Let's see what others say.... SasZKnitter
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thnks for the input. I hope when the II comes out next month it includes the flash.
I have used many knitting apps on my smart phone and have come to count on them. Want to use them on the ipad when I get up the nerve to spend all my savings on one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Absolutely, Knit evenly, my favorite. Where to add or subtract a stitch to increase/or dec evenly across or around.
Knit Gauge. Great for getting correct size garment. Knit kdlszr is very handy for figuring out what size a needle is without carrying a whole thing. With Sock Calc I can make socks to fit anyone perfectly. JKnit takes time to put projects in but is great for tracking what to do next. Favorite is Knit counter. Tap at end of each row/round/whatever and it has a frog button.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,699 Posts
got an ipad from hubbie last christmas and it sits in corner in box, aint got a clue how it works, and hes not clued up on anything like that either, he can just about send an email, from one of the 3 laptops here, so any help setting it up, and tellin me how i get to download would be great thanks in advance. if my email is easier its [email protected]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
135 Posts
Basset said:
Love mine! I have lots of patterns bookmarked and downloaded but I'm a beginning knitter. I think I have enough saved up for the next 10 yrs! :)
I downloaded the user manual and cannot find it now - can you say where it is? Also on free patterns, how do you download on to the ipad?

Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
401 Posts
If you are near an apple store, go in with your iPad and they will set it up for you and teach you to use it for free. Or, call apple support and they will walk you through it on the the phone. You have to give them the serial number but they will tell you where to find it. On the back some place. Apple offers lots of free help. Good luck. Let me know if you want the phone number. Once it is set up, you just tap it and it is up and running. I bet you will love it. I'm using mine right now to read kp. First thing I do when I wake up!

Good luck and let me know if you need more help.

tammie52 said:
got an ipad from hubbie last christmas and it sits in corner in box, aint got a clue how it works, and hes not clued up on anything like that either, he can just about send an email, from one of the 3 laptops here, so any help setting it up, and tellin me how i get to download would be great thanks in advance. if my email is easier its [email protected]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
401 Posts
Google the manual. The pattern will have a download link. Hit that and it will be on your iPad in a second.
SIML said:
Basset said:
Love mine! I have lots of patterns bookmarked and downloaded but I'm a beginning knitter. I think I have enough saved up for the next 10 yrs! :)
I downloaded the user manual and cannot find it now - can you say where it is? Also on free patterns, how do you download on to the ipad?

Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
761 Posts
SasZKnitter said:
Can you suggest some of the Apps by name so I could look inot purchasing them? Thanks in advance for the guidance with your experience. SasZKnitter
I have Knit Counter Pro. It helps keep track of rows and stitches. It also let's you set alarms per row for patern repeats, also does the same for stitches. It has a place for notes. And it gives you 25 spaces to hold projects with 5 tabs per space. You can use one tab per project or one tab per part of a project, say if you are making a sweater. I got it when I received my iPad from Craftsy, I paid $5.99 for the app though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,699 Posts
Bulkarn said:
If you are near an apple store, go in with your iPad and they will set it up for you and teach you to use it for free. Or, call apple support and they will walk you through it on the the phone. You have to give them the serial number but they will tell you where to find it. On the back some place. Apple offers lots of free help. Good luck. Let me know if you want the phone number. Once it is set up, you just tap it and it is up and running. I bet you will love it. I'm using mine right now to read kp. First thing I do when I wake up!

Good luck and let me know if you need more help.

tammie52 said:
got an ipad from hubbie last christmas and it sits in corner in box, aint got a clue how it works, and hes not clued up on anything like that either, he can just about send an email, from one of the 3 laptops here, so any help setting it up, and tellin me how i get to download would be great thanks in advance. if my email is easier its [email protected]
thanks. hubbie bought me the ipad 2, so its up and running other ipad is still in corner in box, might give it to my eldest granddaughter, she will work it out im sure lol
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom