Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
11,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yarn! But I was at Walmart today and in the clearance section were 8 lonely balls of Peaches and Cream yarn at $1.00 each! Well, they just jumped in my cart! All the prettiest blue (my fav color of course!), clean and the large balls! Now how could I leave them there on the bottom shelf underneath a broken Halloween decoration? Kinda like finding a kitty and bringing it home! :thumbup: :!: ;)

·
Banned
13,778 Posts
Thank goodness you had the forsight to save those poor balls of yarn from being left all alone in the store in that nasty clearance bin. The fact that they were only $1.00 was your reward for being a caring yarn owner.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Went to Micheal's with a friend and of course we bought ruffled yarn, Sugar and Cream, xmas colors.

Than God for coupons!!!

Had actually made a dent on the yarn covering the dining room table, had a clear space.

Guess what??? The space can no longer be seen.

Why oh why???

Karen

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Why oh why???

In life:
Never say why..say why not!!

Never say why me...say why NOT me. There problem solved.

·
Registered
55,978 Posts
A person must do what they need to do to save every last ball of yarn. You can always look at it this way, you are doing your part to stimulate the economy :p .

·
Registered
40 Posts
We, (my wife and I) went to Hobby Lobby to get one skein of yarn and my wife saw the clearance rack. She said - You can make me socks out of this, and a sweater out of this and a scarf, I love this but I don't know what I want. I am so glad you do this! Well, 14 skeins later and $46 (CLEARANCE!), we are out of there. And she says I have too much yarn!!

·
Registered
931 Posts
Nothing like finding a kitty, they take lots of work. Kittens are cute, but they grow up and need care ($$ for food, litterbox, vet etc.) This requires no more expense and the time each ball takes doesn't have to be repeated (unless you frog it).
Stablebummom said:
yarn! But I was at Walmart today and in the clearance section were 8 lonely balls of Peaches and Cream yarn at $1.00 each! Well, they just jumped in my cart! All the prettiest blue (my fav color of course!), clean and the large balls! Now how could I leave them there on the bottom shelf underneath a broken Halloween decoration? Kinda like finding a kitty and bringing it home! :thumbup: :!: ;)

·
Registered
931 Posts
How can she complain you have too much when it is obviously for her?
jkbrown595 said:
We, (my wife and I) went to Hobby Lobby to get one skein of yarn and my wife saw the clearance rack. She said - You can make me socks out of this, and a sweater out of this and a scarf, I love this but I don't know what I want. I am so glad you do this! Well, 14 skeins later and $46 (CLEARANCE!), we are out of there. And she says I have too much yarn!!
Maybe sort your stash, his & hers, to show her how much of "your" yarn is really hers. :)

·
Registered
136 Posts
It sounds like the Original Post was written by me!!! I texted my friend almost the same thing just last week. The yarn just magically JUMPS into my cart and has to come home with me!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom