Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
12,306 Posts
Yummy Yummy Yum..........That sure looks delicious. I love the pinks and the blues and the whites. Good for little preemie gowns and hats and mittens.............but, I am sure you can find others things to make with that too. Lots of good things out there to make with that beautiful gift. I just love yarn, don't you???

·
Registered
828 Posts
knezmom said:
All of the sport weight yarn on the top row was given to us from a neighbor who passed away. I don't even know what to do with all this. And I don't have enough bins for the yarn that I actually purchased!
First and foremost, it was very kind of your neighbor to leave all of this yarn to you upon their passing. Now it's up to you to make sure it gets used with equal generosity. If you are unable to knit for charity...there are many people who have the time, but not the funds to knit as much as they would be happy to do, for charity. Go through the yarn and you may be surprised to find a special project that you now have the yarn to make.

·
Registered
5,079 Posts
I was given so much yarn when a friend of a friend became ill that I invite KPers to drop in when they visit Canberra and take some home. I also knit toys for the Christmas shoeboxes and hats for the Oncology Unit in Canberra but now I even have wool, alpaca and cotton instead of just acrylics.
Time to pick up sticks!

·
Registered
10,319 Posts
I agree that a donation to a group that knits for charity would be a nice idea. You have so much yarn, it seems that it would be overwhelming to try to use it all yourself. However, if you decide to keep it all, I would do lots of baby blankets. Try some of the loveys - they go quicky and are very cute.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom