Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
6,166 Posts
I voted early, took the ballot into the Post Office. Then I tracked the ballot at the county Recorder's office website. I know when they got it, when the signature was verified, when it went into a batch (and the batch number), and saw today that the batch has already been counted.

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
I voted and tracked my vote online but couldn't change the info to track my husband's. It just kept bringing me up again.

·
Registered
19,419 Posts
Hubby & I did the mail in ballots & I went dropped them in box in front of City Hall a couple Saturdays ago. Vote ???? accepted per tracking app, hubby checked????????❗????

·
Registered
11,566 Posts
Just a titbit of useless information for you all.....voting is compulsory in Australia, and there are heavy fines for anyone who doesn't vote. I am amazed that it is not compulsory in some other countries. The thought of leaving my vote in a box at a grocery store fills me with dread. There is too much room for fraud in that one I think. We have to go to our schools (usually) and sign off using identification, then we vote, and those votes do not leave the voting booths until the end of the voting day. We have just done postal votes for our State Election, and even that is strictly controlled.

·
Registered
8,653 Posts
MaryCarter said:
Just a titbit of useless information for you all.....voting is compulsory in Australia, and there are heavy fines for anyone who doesn't vote. I am amazed that it is not compulsory in some other countries. The thought of leaving my vote in a box at a grocery store fills me with dread. There is too much room for fraud in that one I think. We have to go to our schools (usually) and sign off using identification, then we vote, and those votes do not leave the voting booths until the end of the voting day. We have just done postal votes for our State Election, and even that is strictly controlled.
That is exactly as it should be. :sm24:

·
Registered
6,325 Posts
I took my (completed) absentee ballot right to City Hall they have curbside voting, so it was taken indoors there. I also was leery of ballot box sites as there has been random vandalism of those, (not in my area but why take a chance?) I for one, am GLAD voting isn't compulsory here! I always DO vote, but reserve the right NOT to, if some day there are NO candidates I wish to vote for! Writing in some random names on the ballot would be meaningless, and just waste the time of the vote counters!
MaryCarter said:
:sm02: :sm02: :sm02:

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom