Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Take a stemmed goblet, hot glue a small square of styrofoam to the bottom center of the bowl, stick in a stem of artificial fruit or whatever you have handy, fill in the space around the edge of the glass with something fluffy like a bit of garland. The holder for a rolled bill is decorative wire coiled around a finger, allowing a bit of straight wire at one end that can be stuck into the styrofoam with a touch of hot glue. Add a bow and bling around the base, with a "to and from" tag. Goes together very quickly IF you can put your hands on the materials without a lot of commotion.

I made 11 of these today with goblets picked up at a garage sale a few years ago. Had a collection of fruit pics saved from years ago, and a bag of odds and ends of garland. Found just enough gold ribbon and decorative wire to finish all the glasses, (with ony a few inches left over of each)! They will go to the gift shop down the road, to benefit Circle of Sharing.

Just as I was starting to craft, two cats came in, right on schedule. Bentley settled on the yarn box put there for the next project, and Cruiser took his place on the pile of knit scarves waiting to be tagged for sale. When I finally had the mess all cleaned up and ready for photos, Hummer had to come in and prance around in front of the camera.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,490 Posts
What a great idea - beautiful! Your cats are beautiful too and I love how they curl up just like every cat I have ever owned. The smaller the spot the better . . .

·
Registered
11,480 Posts
Jeannne said:
Take a stemmed goblet, hot glue a small square of styrofoam to the bottom center of the bowl, stick in a stem of artificial fruit or whatever you have handy, fill in the space around the edge of the glass with something fluffy like a bit of garland. The holder for a rolled bill is decorative wire coiled around a finger, allowing a bit of straight wire at one end that can be stuck into the styrofoam with a touch of hot glue. Add a bow and bling around the base, with a "to and from" tag. Goes together very quickly IF you can put your hands on the materials without a lot of commotion.

I made 11 of these today with goblets picked up at a garage sale a few years ago. Had a collection of fruit pics saved from years ago, and a bag of odds and ends of garland. Found just enough gold ribbon and decorative wire to finish all the glasses, (with ony a few inches left over of each)! They will go to the gift shop down the road, to benefit Circle of Sharing.

Just as I was starting to craft, two cats came in, right on schedule. Bentley settled on the yarn box put there for the next project, and Cruiser took his place on the pile of knit scarves waiting to be tagged for sale. When I finally had the mess all cleaned up and ready for photos, Hummer had to come in and prance around in front of the camera.
I used a similar idea for table decorations/favors for a tea at may church last year. Used plastic wine goblets turned upside down. Glued small bowl to the base ( now the top). Filled the bowl with Christmas candy and sat the drinking part of the goblet (now the base) over a barttery-operated tea light.

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
shepherd said:
I used a similar idea for table decorations/favors for a tea at may church last year. Used plastic wine goblets turned upside down. Glued small bowl to the base ( now the top). Filled the bowl with Christmas candy and sat the drinking part of the goblet (now the base) over a barttery-operated tea light.
Nice!

·
Registered
31,673 Posts
Your orange and white kitty looks like the one I had years ago. Her name was Flurry and she lived to be 16 1/2 and she slept by my side all night long. Someone told me once that orange cats are good luck.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom