Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just found the forum and am so excited. I am part of the "older generation, but still into knitting, crocheting and quilting. Never enough time for all I want to do. I have been shadowing the forum and found many hints and shares. Sat down last night and did baby bootys that look sort of like sox. So cute. Anyway hello all. Amyone else from Illinois??

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
knitgalore said:
Just found the forum and am so excited. I am

hello and welcome ! this is the first forum i have ever joined and i like it alot and i'm sure you will too! i get excited over new projects and things i'd like to do! my list of things to do gets longer everytime i see a new pattern or craft i would like to try !

lol

·
Registered
486 Posts
Hello:

I am live in Illinois morn than 25years. just start to learn knitting after retire. I've crochet from time to time . I think crochet is faster and easier to pick up to go. knitting is a littler challenge for me. but I really like the knitting stitches than crochet stitches for some reason. so I've knit and un-knit until the yarn is falling a part :( and I'll see if I can turn it to crochet a square :) or just have to toss it.
which part of IL. you at? I am at Arlington Heights, IL
Ivy

knitgalore said:
Just found the forum and am so excited. I am part of the "older generation, but still into knitting, crocheting and quilting. Never enough time for all I want to do. I have been shadowing the forum and found many hints and shares. Sat down last night and did baby bootys that look sort of like sox. So cute. Anyway hello all. Amyone else from Illinois??

·
Registered
41,678 Posts
Jeanette here from Mt.Prospect, IL. Have been knitting off and on all my life and now that I'm retired, am enjoying getting back into it. I'm mostly working on scarves, hats and fingerless gloves until I feel brave enough to try a sweater or vest pattern. I'm looking to find a local yarn store or knitting group to join.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Suzanne from Naperville. I've been retired for a number of years, knitting away for my large family...23 grands, 9 gt. grands. Left handed, but knit right handed, never been able to teach myself to crochet!Welcom to the forum...it's fun!

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
Hello, and welcome. I'm from NW Indiana- Munster. s We always say we're a chicago suburb. Where in IL?
Anyway hope you enjoy it here.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Hello Jeanette:
I live on border of Mt. Prospect and Arlington Height. I think we should be very near neigborht? I shop at Hobby Lobby at Mt. Prospect some time. I also with a crochet/knitting group at Arlington Height Memorial Library. we meet once a month. you are welcome to visit if is not too far from you next meet even is on 3/19 room is on 2nd floor or you can PM me

Ivy

RookieRetiree said:
Jeanette here from Mt.Prospect, IL. Have been knitting off and on all my life and now that I'm retired, am enjoying getting back into it. I'm mostly working on scarves, hats and fingerless gloves until I feel brave enough to try a sweater or vest pattern. I'm looking to find a local yarn store or knitting group to join.

·
Registered
11,389 Posts
I lived in IL for 25 years, first in the Beach Park area and then the Naperville area until 4 years ago when I moved to Colorado. Some of the yarn shops back there are great, Glen Ellyn's String Theory, the shop in Downers Grove, Loopy Yarns downtown in the south loop was always a delight to visit as was "my Sister Knits" (I believe that is the Oak Park area).

You also have the Stitches Midwest show coming up in August in Schaumburg (a great experience for anyone who knits or crochets).

·
Registered
486 Posts
hmm...sound great opportunity. I hope I can get more info about that. how do I find them? would you happen to have their website etc.? can you post it here to share? Thanks

courier770 said:
I lived in IL for 25 years, first in the Beach Park area and then the Naperville area until 4 years ago when I moved to Colorado. Some of the yarn shops back there are great, Glen Ellyn's String Theory, the shop in Downers Grove, Loopy Yarns downtown in the south loop was always a delight to visit as was "my Sister Knits" (I believe that is the Oak Park area).

You also have the Stitches Midwest show coming up in August in Schaumburg (a great experience for anyone who knits or crochets).

·
Registered
11,389 Posts
If you just google "Stitches Midwest" it will bring up a result that will give you info and the ability to request that a pamphlet be sent to you. I used to go to the show every year when I lived there. The show floor (with yarn vendors) opens on Saturday..be prepared for sensory overload! The vendors are amazing and the show specials will knock your socks off. Interlacements yarns always has wonderful show specials, the Tess Yarn booth will "wow" you with their magnificently dyed yarns too. Webs always has a great space filled with great deals.

It is a great opportunity to see wonderful yarns, fibers, tools for knitting, crocheting and spinning. Not to mention the opportunity to pick things up without having to pay shipping!

If you buy tickets on line there is a discount (or used to be). For many years t he show was held at the Stevens center in Rosemont..they have moved it further west.

I used to budget $150.00 cash for the show and limited myself to an additional $100.00 on my credit card. It was always a "struggle" to get the massive amounts of stuff I bought out to my car!

·
Registered
322 Posts
Are you knitting English (throw over) or Continental style? I'm told the "C" style of knitting is easier to learn if you already know how to crochet. And it is certainly faster than the English way. The following you tube video is the best I've found

I started knitting with the English way and I'm just learning the "C" style. Don't give up...if I can do it, so can you !!!!!
HaPpy Knitting :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom