Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to KP I find a new favorite something every week. This is the one for now. I found this one two days ago and had to give it a try. Think this might be Christmas presents for family. This one is going to a friend whose sister has Stage 4 colon/liver cancer. I really like how it turned out and can't wait to do more. The yarn was just stash and next one will be brighter red I think. Thanks for the peek and Happy Needling. jberg

Attachments

·
Registered
4,977 Posts
Illusion knitting is also known as shadow knitting. You have shown a "flat on" look at the front and back. Try looking at your piece at an angle, lay it right side up on a table and bend down and look at it rather across the top, then you will see the design "pop." You should see a red heart on a white background.

·
Registered
9,462 Posts
I love illusion knitting. A few years ago I made all 3 of my kids scarves that had the dark mark from Harry Potter on them. They looked like plain stripped scarves until you looked at them from the side, then the design was there. They and all their friends loved them.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom