Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been knitting for about 2 years. I've only knit scarves and afghans. My next project is a baby blanket as my daughter is expecting our first grandchild in September! After I finish that, I plan (and need to stretch my skills) to learn how to knit baby things like: booties, hats, layette items, etc. I want my grandchild to be dressed in style. I then need to move into making myself a sweater. Even though I didn't learn to knit until I was 51, I want continue to grow in my skills. I tend to not stretch myself, but with encouragement and now, my new grandbaby, I will force myself to move ahead to improve my skills. Eventually, I want to learn to crotchet. I look forward to reading everyone's comments and to ask for help and advice.

· Registered
813 Posts
Welcome! The grandbaby that I have coming in April pushed me to get started again. I don't know how I learned to knit and had to teach myself to crochet as I'm left-handed and my mother was right-handed. Funny thing, I taught myself right-handed. So far, I have loom knit two hats and a pair of baby booties, knit a sweater (I have to put it together) crocheted an afghan and am knitting one to go with one of the hats, the sweater and booties. I'll try and post a picture when I get them finished. My thought (and I tend to jump in with both feet) is just go for it.

· Registered
2,320 Posts
Welcome and congrats on your new grandbaby : )

· Registered
39 Posts
Hello & welcome!
Have u tried using a knitting board or a Knifty Knitter? They nay help u create the baby items that u want to do until u learn ur stitches or get comfortable with making baby gifts.
I think that the knitting boards turn out better quality projects than the KK's. But the KK's produce things faster. If u use the KK's long looms then those are similar to the KB's. But u cannot adjust the ling looms to create wider projects than the loom. I find the KB's to be easier than needle knitting.
Anyhow, welcome & congrats from Bellingham WA.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom