Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Hi....I have only knitted off and on....more off over the last 30 plus years and decided to get my needles out of the box this year. I have found youtube video's to be GREAT. They taught me how to do a cable stitch and I'm just about finished with a scarf with a cable stitch in it. I'm looking for my next project now.....Happy knitting. I wish I didn't stop for so many years : )

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Hi Suzanne! I've been an off and on knitter too but these days more on than off. I enjoy it so much and love the you tube videos too. I'm looking forward to learning new patterns and items to make. If only I could knit faster!!

·
Registered
266 Posts
I have been off of knitting for many years now. I just gotten done with my 18th great grand daughters baby sweater she was born in Jan. I strated being very slow. I found that when I put the yarn from the ball onto my left hand fingers which I raped around it and knitted it helped it helped a lot. I am now going pretty fast. My provder was watching me and I am teaching her. She said that you go so fast I don't think I ever will. I told her after you learn you can get faster. I do hope this helps you.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Hi Medina, any rivers close by? So far it has been ok here,
but some places are really bad. My lane is about washed out.
I started knitting about 45 yrs or more ago but just picked
up needles couple months again. Do a lot of crocheting. Goes
faster. no expert but I try. Made my grandtr. and her dtr.
summer hats. They live in Ventura Ca. BOOHOO. I miss them.They will be home in couple months. then this fall they
are going to visit Daddies Mom & grandmother in Austria. With
this crazy world I worry about them going.
Take care

·
Registered
12 Posts
Dear Carolynjune3,

I am glad to hear what you said about learning to knit the Continental way. At least that's what I understand it's called. I learned the English (throwing the yarn) method 65 years ago & would like to learn Continental because I know it's much faster. You have inspired me to believe I, too, can learn something new. Thanks for your msg. I am going to try, try again to learn to do it.

Thank you from Sandy in Phx (Loveshorthand) 2/28/11

·
Registered
266 Posts
I didn't learn from anyone on how to do it with the left hand. I just tried it and it did take some time for me to get it to work. It has and now I use it all the time. It is faster and I am glad that I thought about it. I hated after putting the right needle into a st and than had to let go of the right needle, to take the yarn and put it around the needle and make the new st. After I had tired it and goten somewhat better i continure on and became faster. I am so glad I had thought of it. If someone else thought of it years ago I didn't know it. They must of gotten tired of putting the needle down and doing what I had to do. I am now 77 years old and in June I will be 78. I am so glad that I can still knit it is the only thing I can do now. I use to make quilts and quilted for people I had an accident several times and broke my right upper arm five times so quilting is done for me. I use to sew clothes for the family, even made my two daughters wedding dresses. I have two daughters that haven't been married yet, but I won't be able to do that again. I better end this and wish this method of knitting has helped. I thank you Sandy for saying that I have inspired you to try this. Just remember it takes doing it over and over again. Good luck and God Bless Carolyn Trammell, Sallisaw , Oklahoma 3/1/11

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom