Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to learn how to knit socks. That is the whole reason I started knitting. I can't get the hang of all the DP needles going at once. The biggest problem is twisting and then once I had one going that was for two single point needles and I got to a line in the pattern that I simply could not find the meaning for. I searched books and the internet and could not get an answer for that. Of course since then that yarn has been repurposed because it's like feeding an addiction. I'm a former smoker and I find knitting to be good therapy! I'm glad I found this site and I hope to get to know many members and learn more about my newest addiction. I feel like a fiber freak! I love yarn of all weights and colors and textures etc.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The following is used if knitting traditional American style.

The double point needles are easier once you realize it is all in the tension. I like to use five needles whenever possible.

Relax, maybe extend your needle less after each stitch so your throw over is smooth as your reach is shorter as you start you next stitch. I load up the left needle by moving up the stitches I am getting ready to use. Then, every other stitch or so, as I throw the yard for the making stitch, I stretch out my fingers of my right hand to "give me some more yarn" where the tension of the yard is control by the loop around my right little finger. The I repeat the load up procedure as I go to the next needle in the round.
If you can follow what I am trying to say, you should be able to knit or hat in the round with less effort.

Happy knitting.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi I also started to knit so that i could knit socks, but I did not start out knitting socks. You might try something a lot easier first practis everyday until knitting becomes very easy for you. Then try knitting socks.
I got a book from ebay that i love it is very easy to understand.
Getting started knitting socks by Ann Budd.
when I started to learn to knit socks I started over countless times. But it was all good practis.
Let me know what you are working on. I am knitting a wool shawl and makeing crochet sock monkeys. Sorry that i can not spell...Lisa

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom