Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have this really cool hat pattern but greatly confused by instructions that want you to inc 2 sts in 1 st, so you end up with 3 sts. I know how to inc, but this is something new. I tried YO but the pic doesn't show the "hole" that a YO creates. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The hat I'm working on is called a "jibber" or a skating hat. It was popular in the 50's and early 60's. I spent 4 hrs. online trying to find more than one pattern. Finally found one on a vintage knitting pattern site. If you ever run across one, send it my way!!!!

·
Registered
19,977 Posts
K, yo, k in the same stitch is a common way to make 3 from 1. working in the back loop of the yo on the next row/round closes the hole. If you haven't tried it you might want to as it's easier, at least for me, than k,p,k in the same stitch. When all is said and done whatever method you like and gives the desired result is the right way to do it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top Bottom