Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made this for a coworker of my husband. His baby was born the end of January and I designed this completely when I couldn't find a pattern online that I really like. I make hats on circular needles all the time and this was like making a very long hat. I used fair isle patterns that I designed in Excel, though I suspect they aren't really new. Due to the snow here in the last couple of weeks I wasn't able to get out and buy buttons so I crocheted two. Recerived photos of the baby in his Snuggly Bag and his parents say he loves it (but what does a newborn know).

Attachments

·
Registered
306 Posts
nice! there has been a lot of interest in those type of baby wraps lately. you will probably get a lot of replies on this one. I am loving these pictures. thank you.

·
Registered
11,925 Posts
That is awesome, I am fairly new to the Site and I am so glad I found it. It is such a treat to see other people's work. It is great to have help when I have a problem too. Everyone is so quick to answer and helpful, thank you all again.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Well, I'm just plumb jealous!!! You do such beautiful work. I could never in this world make up stitches like you do. Is that a placket at the top where you placed the buttons? Keep those projects coming, even if I can't duplicate what you do, I can get inspired!! :thumbup:

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Look at this way. If you have ever made a knitted hat, you could easily make this bag. You don't have to use intricate stitches or make up your own. Simple fairisle would be effective. Give it a try.

·
Registered
566 Posts
The buttons are a very nice touch. My grandson loves his too! You can tell because is snuggles right up and falls asleep in it. It is wonderful when they get a little fuzzy, it seems to calm them right down

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom