Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been asked by a newly married granddaughter to make her and husband a Xmas stocking for next year. I do not have any in my knitting books.
I live in Michigan, but am presently in Fla. I found this site and find it very helpful for others and hope it is for me too. With more than usual free time I am sure I will visit it often.
Thank you, Shirley

·
Registered
21,210 Posts
Hi I made stocking for my grandkids a few years ago.Each was different. The 6 yrold got a truck on his and I left the window on the door open to put his picture in. The princess got a castle and her picture was in the tower. My 14 yr old got a rocket ship and his picture was in the rocket. I made basic stocking and from simple shapes created the castle, rocket and truck. Now they can change the pictuere as they grow.
I know I will be making another set again but these were fun.
Linda

·
Registered
758 Posts
I am pretty sure that the Interweave website has a download of Christmas stockings.
If you sign up for the newsletter "Knitting Daily" (which is excellent) you can opt in to as many offerings as they come up with.
It can get a bit confusing, it seems that you have to subscribe to the magazine, but, you do not.
You can save that for someone to give you for Mother's Day!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you Linda, I too, hope to personalize, and be creative as you were. I love when grandchildren ask for something I can make. Sure someday you will get requests,too.
How wide were your stockings? Do u remember how many stitches you cast on?
Thanks again, Shirley

·
Registered
24 Posts
lodetoad said:
I have been asked by a newly married granddaughter to make her and husband a Xmas stocking for next year. I do not have any in my knitting books.
I live in Michigan, but am presently in Fla. I found this site and find it very helpful for others and hope it is for me too. With more than usual free time I am sure I will visit it often.
Thank you, Shirley
I didn't see a website mentioned. Thank you for responding

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom