Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
Glad you made it through to the end. It is just lovely.

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
This one was tough going - I think the pattern had been translated, and I spent so much time trying to puzzle out what was going on. In hindsight, I should have used a basic cardigan and just added the design elements. I’ll know better next time.

View attachment 1235549
I think it looks lovely and beautifully knit and I like the colors combination you used.

·
Registered
10,180 Posts
Beautifully done! I am curious, is there intarsia on the back, also? If you were to make this sweater again, would you have combined duplicate stitch with the intarsia?

·
Registered
2 Posts
This one was tough going - I think the pattern had been translated, and I spent so much time trying to puzzle out what was going on. In hindsight, I should have used a basic cardigan and just added the design elements. I’ll know better next time.

View attachment 1235549
Beautiful work, lovely pattern. Double credit for toughing it out and finishing the project.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Beautifully done! I am curious, is there intarsia on the back, also? If you were to make this sweater again, would you have combined duplicate stitch with the intarsia?
Thank you! Yes, the back is similarly intarsia, because the cardigan is knitted bottom up, splits for the front and back just below where the sleeves join. I’ll have to look up duplicate stitch, I don’t know what it is!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Thank you! Yes, the back is similarly intarsia, because the cardigan is knitted bottom up, splits for the front and back just below where the sleeves join. I’ll have to look up duplicate stitch, I don’t know what it is!
Okay, looked it up, and yes, I really think the small ‘spot’ flowers would be better done with duplicate stitching. Less hassle, smoother and neater. Thank you very much for the suggestion.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts
Top Bottom