Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to improve my Intarsia as I am still a learner in this area.
I have purchased a Video Download and I feel it is really for a more Advance Intarsia knitter.
Can anyone please direct me in the right direction to purchase a really good download video on Intarsia for beginners knitting flat.
The Video that I have purchased is focused more on Intarsia in the round and I am just not interested in this.
I am hoping that Liat Gat will put out an Intarsia Video sometime this year. It's on her to do list, but until then suggestions would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Have you looked at the Very Pink and the K1P1TV intarsia videos--both posted to YouTube.com? They--and several other videos--show knitting & purling in intarsia in flat knitting, how to cross the yarns and why, plus bobbin use. There are several other videos on intarsia on YouTube as well. I saw one by Edie Eckman but didn't watch it. Look at these first:

youtube.com/watch?v=PtJdamqXlAU

youtube.com/watch?v=lyusrCZzftY

Hope these help and if you have specific questions once you start, I'm sure someone on KP will have a suggestion or three. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Personally I would go to youtube. They have more than one version on intarsia knitting that will cost you nothing and you can stop and rewind as much as you want. I agree with wordbird Very Pink is very good for learning techniques.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom