·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
My name is Mimi
I live in Canada sinds 1989
I was born in Holland
I try to fellow the corse knitting because englisch is sometimes hard for me to understand
I did a lot of knitting in Holland when the kids where smal
It is harder for me to fellow the pattern in Englishe knitting books
I love to learn it hope you understand
Greetings Mimi

·
Registered
648 Posts
hello to u i am jane and i live in the u.k. my friend is half dutch her mum was from scotland and her father from holland . her surname is vanDalen not that i expect u to know them just to say it so u know i a telling the truth

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi Mimi, where abouts in Canada are you living. I am in Victoria, BC. I recently found out that I have a brother that lives in Antwerp Belgium. It is very exciting. A daughter of a friend now lives in Holland and is teaching there. :) Small world really.
WELCOME. You will understand the lingo soon. So many on here to help you out. :)

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Welcome from Rae in NC...USA : )

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
soozyb said:
Hi Mimi, where abouts in Canada are you living. I am in Victoria, BC. I recently found out that I have a brother that lives in Antwerp Belgium. It is very exciting. A daughter of a friend now lives in Holland and is teaching there. :) Small world really.
WELCOME. You will understand the lingo soon. So many on here to help you out. :)
I love your quote about dogs....so very true!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Soozyp
We went a cople of years ago to Victoria on a Hollyday
We just love at there is beautiful
We live in Ontario 1 hour from Toronto
Yes it is a small world
Thank you for your welcome note
Mimi

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yes it is soooo true. I wouldn't know what to do without my dogs. They have helped me through soooo much this last year especially. They kept me sane through all the cancer treatments and heard a lot of secret
thoughts through the whole time. I love them very very much.
You should try and knit a pair of gloves from your dogs fluff. What is her/his name? We play with two of those guys at the local park, they are lovely animals. Did you know that they are crossing these with the Labs now for guide dogs and such. Yup, but I can't remember what they are calling them. Labanese? or something like that? lol.
Have a lovely day. What is your weather doing?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Just out of Toronto. How long have you been there? Do you have any pets? What do you do for a living? R U retired? Do you have any patterns to share that you brought from Holland?
WE will chat again Mimi

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom