Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
THANK YOU EVERYONE!!! We reached our 500 votes and will receive a $500 grant from PNC to cover shipping and supply costs! As promised, here is the newest pattern for everyone. The name was tricky...........I was going with Chains of Hope and some people didn't like that chains can have negative connotations, so we were tossing around other ideas. Then Jessica came up with Community Links since everyone worked together to secure the grant! Perfect!!!

I hope you like this hat.......it's got 2 variations........the pink one was the second one I made and I realized after I started that I was skipping Row 4.......but it looked ok to me still, so I kept it. The pattern is in multiples of 4 so adjust accordingly if you want to change the size.

Please still come join us on Facebook - Delaware Head Huggers and follow along with Schnapps as he makes hats! :)

COMMUNITY LINKS

You need 6-weight yarn and size 13 needles. I used less than one skein of Lion Brand Hometown USA, so probably about 75 yards.

Abbreviations:

k2tog - knit 2 stitches together as one

Cast on 48 stitches, place marker and join, taking care not to twist stitches.

Work Pattern:

Row 1: *p1, k3*; repeat around
Row 2: *p1, k3*; repeat around
Row 3: *p1, skip 2 stitches, knit the 3rd stitch. Without dropping the stitches off the left hand needle, then knit the 1st, then the 2nd stitch and then drop all three at the same time*; repeat around
Row 4: *p1, k3*; repeat around
Repeat Rows 1 - 4 four times.

Decrease Crown:

Row 1: *p1, k1, k2tog*; repeat around
Row 2: *p1, k2tog*; repeat around
Row 3: *k2tog*; repeat around

Finish: Cut working yarn, leaving a 6-inch tail. Draw the tail through the remaining stitches, cinch closed and secure. Weave in ends and enjoy.

The pink hat in the photo is a slight variation. Simply leave out Row 4. Knit Rows 1 - 3 five times, then decrease the crown and finish as written. I forgot to knit Row 4 when working on it and decided that it still looked kind of cute.

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
BACM said:
Thank you for sharing. It looks like a fun hat to make.
I don't know if I will use the bulky yarn, but I will try it with a yarn that I have on hand.
It will work with any yarn....you could double the # of stitches for a worsted weight or use 2 strands of worsted weight worked together.............

·
Registered
465 Posts
Once again, lovely hats and Schnapps steals the show! I will definitely try making this one but the only round needles I have are size 8 and size 9. Am not sure how that will look but will give it a try anyway with a 4 ply yarn. Might work just as well. Will post a picture when done. Maybe tomorrow or Friday at the latest.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom