Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I am a sixty-one year old mother of three beautiful daughters and six granddaughters and six grandsons all of which are fantastic people. A great-grandchild is on the way. I learned to knit and crochet out of necessity when my oldest daughter was in second grade and needed an outfit for a special event. Ever since, I have made mostly my own original things out of necessity (I could never figure out the patterns written out). I am always trying to learn more techniques (I have learned along the way to finally read the paterns). I am so glad I found this site and the discussion forum it has. I expect I will learn a lot from all of you knitters out there.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi there Pink 2,

Good to "meet" you. How long have you been knitting? Do you do any of your own designs? How did you get started knitting in the first place? How you done any craft shows or consignments? Craft shows to me are kind of boring at times, I usually end up walking around to check out other products. What kills me is when I find someone that you can clearly see, more than 50% of the work was not hand crafted. That really "bugs" me. I know, I'm full of questions, I guess that is because I don't get to talk to crafters much (I live in a highrise where they are either waiting for the mail in the front lobby and talking about others, or going out to bingo, shopping and wondering who is doing what. Anyway, have a great night.

carefulshop

·
Registered
3 Posts
hello i have been knitting since i was 5 and havent stopped, i love it i can sew and crochet and have learnt to tat but sadly i can not find any tating shuttles, i have 4 children and 4 beautiful granddaughter, i mostly knit aran jumpers my love of knitting also extends to 3 knitting machines all working and the electronic one is great i can knit while that knits by its self x

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Rae in NC :lol:

·
Registered
43,279 Posts
Hi and welcome from the UK. Enjoy the forum and happy knitting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom