Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am so happy to have found this forum...
Every time I visited there was someone that would share their wonderful projects..

I especially liked the prayer shawls.... Any patterns???
Would love to get more patterns on this...
:|

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
((((((((9 Welcome! Are you looking for knitted or crocheted prayer shawl patterns? Surf around; Keyword search: free prayers shawl pattern

If you want knit, add the word knit or vise versa.

Good luck! Donna Rae ))))))))))
Lupita said:
I am so happy to have found this forum...
Every time I visited there was someone that would share their wonderful projects..

I especially liked the prayer shawls.... Any patterns???
Would love to get more patterns on this...
:|

·
Registered
554 Posts
There are a couple of good prayer shawl books in the stores - probably more, but these two have Prayer Shawl in the titles. They are so easy though. I use a basic pattern of about 24" wide by 60" long, then depending on the pattern you choose, CO on the number of stitches needed for any repeats. You can use any stitch you are comfortable with and if your edges are done in garter stitch (5 stitches at beginning and end of each row) your shawl won't roll on the edges. They can be as simple as all garter stitch, to very complicated cable or lace patterns. Why pay for a book when you could use the money for more yarn! Ravelry is a good source for free patterns, as well as many of the yarn manufacturer's websites. Good luck and don't forget to post photos of your prayer shawls.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom