Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the seventh afghan I have made of this pattern. I have the pattern memorized and have fun knitting them. The pattern is from The Family Circle 9/22/81 and knitted in 7 panels. I have figured out how to knit it in 3 panels and now want to try knitting it all one piece of 260 stitches on a long circular needle. I hate sewing the panels together and trying to match them across.

Attachments

·
Registered
41,373 Posts
The pattern is fabulous. Just the simple stockineete panel interrupted by the single purl row adds so much tecture and depth. The seed stitch inside the small diamonds is another terrific textural addition. After doing 7 of these, I should think you would have it memorized. I sure would do it on one big caable needle. Sewingthat all together would take me forever and you have done it so nicely. What great work!

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
That is very nice work. I think I would be working out how to avoid all that sewing up too. It's the sewing up part that I don't like to do but has to be done. Making up seven of these, you must have a lot of patience. Well Done...

1 - 20 of 123 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom