Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
I have this one and it works just fine for the smaller balls. I had a caron one pounder that I ended up frogging and had to make a few different cakes because it was just too much yarn but I think you would have to do that with most of the ball winders.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have this ball winder and I recommend it for you. You can't beat the price and Knit Picks stands behind their products, so if you have a problem, they make good on it.

I have wound everything from silk yarns to heavier chenille and worsted yarns and it does just fine. True, it won't handle massive huge amounts of yarn, but none of them will unless you buy a heavy duty one to start with.

I'd go with this one...I think it's a great deal. I paid the regular price for mine. I like this product and I like this company. :thumbup:

·
Registered
13,670 Posts
I really like my ballwinder from Knit Pick. It works great for the price. I wish I had one that made larger balls but this one works most of the time. One thing I don't like is the handle is forever coming off when I wind. Don't know if it would work better if fastened on a surface...I don't have a surface to use.

Yes, I would definitely buy this one at the sale price!!!!

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
I have it, after 2 1/2 years of light use it broke. Knit picks replaced it. It worked well, and no one else I know of has had a complaint so I would say I just got a bad one or overtaxed it somehow.

·
Registered
15,969 Posts
tricotscalins said:
I received an e-mail from Knit Picks this morning about a ball winder at only $14.99. As it is a very low price, I'm wondering if it is doing the job. Did anybody buy this one and how is it?

http://www.knitpicks.com/holiday-en/gifts-for-knitters/gifts-for-novice-knitters/knitting-yarn-ball-winder.html
I have one VERY similar! Had it for years and still doing very well.
Mine does not have a hand holder, just clamps onto something (usually a chair) but then you need one hand to wind the yarn and the other to give it tension.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom