Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Your are so clever! These garments are gorgeous. The idea of using a knitting machine just seems so difficult to me! Thanks for showing us your work - it's very impressive!! :)

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
They are beautiful and I think you have inspired us all.

·
Registered
10,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
xarriage1952 said:
I would love the pattern for the white cardi please if you can.
Thanks.
I am so sorry, I never work from a written pattern. All the garments that I do are programmed into my Brother 970 machine or are drawings on mylar sheets that go through a Knitleader if I am using a different machine.
The cardi is actually cream, the photos are not that good. It is made in Crepe to my own design using Stitch World pattern 125.
Using a Knitleader, or any other charting device, enables you to take any size/shape of garment and make it in any yarn/stitch pattern.
If you haven't got a Knitleader then I would suggest that you treat yourself, get one and have a go at using it. They are, in my opinion, the next best thing to have, after the machine/ribber. Once you have the initial design you can then use it over and over again, providing that you stay the same size. You can let your imagination run wild and do it in any yarn, any stitch pattern and know that it will fit. Each time that you do it in something different it will look like a completely new design.
If you do decide to go ahead, and have a go using a knitleader, I would be more than willing to phone you and help you to get it up and running.
Sue.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Look on You Tube and you will what it is all about.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom