Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
Congrats! I love strawberries. My kitchen is done in strawberries. However, I have yet to plant strawberries. I plant raspberries. I do have a succulent strawberry plant in my flower garden. Someone said it's from the yarrow family.

·
Registered
9,757 Posts
Well done - yes I would save them all for me too! I have recently started a veggie bed from seed. I had my first taste of one of my tiny lettuces the other day and the sense of achievement and knowing you are eating fresh is indescribable! Have just planted rhubarb crowns and hoping they will come up. Will have to wait a year to harvest if they do grow. Mmmmm - rhubarb pie! Rhubarb and Strawberry pie - even better! :thumbup:

·
Registered
8,319 Posts
Hennie, I warn you! This is how IT starts. First a small potted plant, and then trying out another. Before you know it, you'll be addicted to container gardening which can lead to full-blown in-the-earth gardening. Don't worry...no support groups needed. It will enrich your life! Your plant is lovely. Happy Gardening! Morningstar...living along the Atlantic Coast of New Jersey, USA

·
Registered
327 Posts
morningstar said:
Hennie, I warn you! This is how IT starts. First a small potted plant, and then trying out another. Before you know it, you'll be addicted to container gardening which can lead to full-blown in-the-earth gardening. Don't worry...no support groups needed. It will enrich your life! Your plant is lovely. Happy Gardening! Morningstar...living along the Atlantic Coast of New Jersey, USA
:thumbup:

·
Registered
327 Posts
Another good tip is when it starts throwing out shoots, have some small containers with soil around the 'mother' plant. Place the babies on top of the soil and the shoots will then root themselves.

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
lol, I remember the first time I planted a vegetable garden. I ran out every day to look for signs of growth.

My husband's uncle came over when plants were over a foot high and he said " what the heck are you letting these things grow for", I said what, he said "these", then proceeded to pull out the hundreds of weeds that were getting so tall. I had no idea that they were weeds! I did have some vegetables growing but more weeds than anything.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom