Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello Jean

I've also just joined and I like machine knitting too. I used to hand knit in my late teens/twenties, but I always seemed to choose thinner yarns that took forever to knit (and a lot of things were left unfinished). I also used to tat, but I never learned crochet.
I have been wondering how many machine knitters are in this group.

Which country are you in?

Lynne

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Jean - have you been machine knitting for long? I used to knit about 30 years ago, and although I've now got a couple of machines, I can't really seem to get started again. I've just booked on a course in Preston, Lancs for May & hopefully I'll be off again.
By the way, I'm in the Bradford area of Yorkshire.
Regards
Lynne

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello lynne, i just started on the machine again a few weeks back, i had a tyota & a brother for years when i got them back down from the loft they both had faults so i got an other brother form a knitting club in portree in the little town of the isle of skye where i live as they are a hand knitting club now. i have knitted 3 hats whoopee but i must say they turned out good (even though i say so myself) hope to hear from you soon. jean.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Rae in NC : )

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Jean
Well done on your hats, it's a lovely feeling when you finish something and it looks good.
I'm going to have to get my machine out in the next day or two - a few of the ladies from our church have been knitting comfort dolls (for Africa) by hand. I've done 3, each one takes me an evening, without sewing & stuffing. I decided to knit a few on the machine and finish them off when I visit my sister for a few days, near Leighton Buzzard. (Going on Thursday) I don't find hand knitting relaxing like some people do.
Have you decided what to try next.
Lynne

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hello lynne,i will be knitting two black hats one for my daughter one for my granson they are in Germany, i am looking for a pattern for a pinifore dress for the little girl next door she is a year and a half. hope you have a nice time at your sisters. speak soon, jean

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom