Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Discussion starter · #1 ·
Could someone please tell me when a pattern gives the gauge without telling what stitch or pattern to knit this gauge, what stitch do you use to check your gauge? Alot of the cable stitch patterns give a gauge but do not tell you whether this gauge is in the pattern stitch, stockinette stitch or exactly what stitch to use. Alot of pattterns tell you what stitch to use when checking the gauge but others do not. Thank you.

((((((((( As swatching using the pattern stitch (popcorn, raspberry, etc.) would give you huge gauge, use stockinette or garter stitch. I believe it is common to swatch in as smooth a stich as possible.

If your pattern stitch is a basic stitch like stockinette, use it. If it's garter stitch, use it.

I would not use any other stitch to swatch unless the directions indicated otherwise.

Hope this helps & Good luck!
~~~~~~~~
gwr24 said:
Could someone please tell me when a pattern gives the gauge without telling what stitch or pattern to knit this gauge, what stitch do you use to check your gauge? Alot of the cable stitch patterns give a gauge but do not tell you whether this gauge is in the pattern stitch, stockinette stitch or exactly what stitch to use. Alot of pattterns tell you what stitch to use when checking the gauge but others do not. Thank you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom