Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aloha! I am a crochet and knitting nut... Was born and raised in Hawaii and love it here.
Belong to a Seniors Knitting Group at church and we "knit and eat" - and love doing both.
We have ladies who are advanced (one in particular would start a project, and bring the finished project the next time we meet)
and we also have novices. Mostly, we have fun!!!

·
Registered
31,678 Posts
Welcome from Washington state. I met my husband on Oahu in 1963. Every time I see pictures of Oahu, I cannot believe how much it has changed since 1963. My DH was stationed at Barbers Point Naval Air Station and a girlfriend and I decided to vacation there that year. We were walking back to our hotel from Waikiki beach when my husband and one of his friends started to talk to us. He proposed to me on my last night on the island at a beach party on Sandy Beach. We waited until he got out of the Navy and got married on April 3, 1965. I was from the San Fernando Valley in southern California and we lived there for the first year of our marriage. Then we decided to move to Washington, my husband's home state, in 1966 and have been here ever since. In 2013, a bunch of friends went with us to the Big Island and stayed in a condo right on a golf course in Kona for a week. It was really nice and so different from what I remembered of Oahu. This coming November we are going with some of the same friends to Kauai for a week and then flying over to Maui to spend another week before flying home to Seattle. This will probably be our last trip to the Hawaiian Islands as I think any vacations after this year will probably be cruises. Again, welcome to KP. You will absolutely love visiting here every day. There are so many wonderful and helpful people here.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Welcome from MD

KonaGirl57 said:
Aloha! I am a crochet and knitting nut... Was born and raised in Hawaii and love it here.
Belong to a Seniors Knitting Group at church and we "knit and eat" - and love doing both.
We have ladies who are advanced (one in particular would start a project, and bring the finished project the next time we meet)
and we also have novices. Mostly, we have fun!!!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom