Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
15,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being a Domestic God-ess for other people, I often find myself on my knees cleaning floors. Poor knees have started to complain a bit, so found some navy crochet cotton (obtained from a charity shop at a reasonable cost ) ;-)
I made some knee pads, gave them a 'test run' on my kitchen floor last night and after a minor 'tweek' they are ready for action!
Having trouble with photos (again) will try later.

·
Registered
25,149 Posts
Great idea,When I was working as a Home help,I would buy a mop and take it to the people who didnt have one,Saved my knees, the job I hated was down on my knees washing behind someones toilet,So much easyer with a mop,Ps I would use rubber gloves some of the elderly didnt like that,would tell me there house was clean,

·
Registered
15,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
missmolly said:
What a great idea. You're onto a winner with your knee pads! I can kneel down but it takes me longer to get back up these days LOL xx
Thanks Miss Molly, I am fortunate to still have strong legs (maybe down to a bit of yoga now and then?)

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
I'm having knee replacement surgery in Nov. Are you satisfied with yours? Would you do it again? Can you give me any advice or suggestions? I'm in such pain all of the time, I'm looking forward to some relief.
tpmcgoo2 said:
those are great but I am with Arlie as far as getting back up again and it is so painful but then I've both of them replaced and kneeling on the new ones just doesn't work. But your knee pads sure look great and like they would certainly pad the knees and make it all easier.

·
Registered
15,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
bevoconnor said:
Great idea. Can you share the pattern.
Sure, dead simple (always a good plan)
I used 2 strands of dk crochet cotton (just got to decypher my scribbles)
16 ch wide.
worked in treble crochet (uk) or double crochet (usa)
work 21 rows (dont fasten off just yet) fold it in 3 and dc (sc) across end through all 3 thicknesses (eliminates sewing) i had 5 sts then worked 18 rows in dc (sc) adjust here for thinner or fuller legs. dc (sc) 1 ch 4 dc (sc)1 this makes the button loop, again you can adjust size to suit, i had big buttons to use up.
Do the same for the other end only for 5 rows, finsh off and attach button.
The 3 thicknesses make it very comfy and no padding needed.
Thats it, i will add a couple more pics.
Any problems/queries give me a shout.

Attachments

·
Registered
14,208 Posts
Chrissy..when I was younger..I ALWAYS scrubbed my floors on my hands and knees...just did a better job as you say..

Now as a senior..I would be challenged to get off the floor if I got down there lol..

LOVE your knee pads...great idea!!!!!

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Chrissy said:
bevoconnor said:
Great idea. Can you share the pattern.
Sure, dead simple (always a good plan)
I used 2 strands of dk crochet cotton (just got to decypher my scribbles)
16 ch wide.
worked in treble crochet (uk) or double crochet (usa)
work 21 rows (dont fasten off just yet) fold it in 3 and dc (sc) across end through all 3 thicknesses (eliminates sewing) i had 5 sts then worked 18 rows in dc (sc) adjust here for thinner or fuller legs. dc (sc) 1 ch 4 dc (sc)1 this makes the button loop, again you can adjust size to suit, i had big buttons to use up.
Do the same for the other end only for 5 rows, finsh off and attach button.
The 3 thicknesses make it very comfy and no padding needed.
Thats it, i will add a couple more pics.
Any problems/queries give me a shout.
What a fantastic idea! What size hook did you use? Thank you so much for the pattern.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom