Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
19,973 Posts

·
Premium Member
80,967 Posts
GrumpyGramma said:
.https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/search#designer-link=johnny-vasquez&sort=date&view=thumbs

I have one of his saved as a pdf on one of the various storage devices I have. I might be able to find it if I look. A few seem to be free should they appeal to anyone. They aren't Ravelry downloads so saving them won't grant future access.

Other designers have opted to skip Ravelry because of accessibility issues or other reasons. He's not alone.
Of the eleven patterns, only one is - at this moment - available free, IF you can manage to fetch it from Dropbox. It took me a bunch of clicking to save it to my Dropbox.
https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/gridiron-hat

·
Registered
19,973 Posts
Jessica-Jean said:
Like Ravelry and KnitCompanion, Dropbox has a learning curve, and my very sporadic use doesn't make it easier.
Dropbox may remain mysterious for me. I get easily flustered trying to work out how to use things like that. Fortunately thus far, not a big problem.

I've always found this dude annoying for some reason. I only looked at his videos if I couldn't easily find another. I for one won't be affected by not having him on Ravelry and I consider Knitversity not worth paying for. I'm sure others will feel differently. Now I've read more responses I wonder if he's simply trying to make every penny he can from anything he charges for. He had some other endeavor that I think left a lot of people not receiving what they paid for. I wouldn't trust him.

·
Registered
15,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
peanutpatty said:
A few years ago he sold a few different yarns but that didn't last long.
Seems like it started that with member donations. Lately seeking donation to get a knitting magazine off the ground. And is no longer posting crochet patterns.

·
Registered
8,949 Posts
GrumpyGramma said:
Dropbox may remain mysterious for me. I get easily flustered trying to work out how to use things like that. Fortunately thus far, not a big problem.

I've always found this dude annoying for some reason. I only looked at his videos if I couldn't easily find another. I for one won't be affected by not having him on Ravelry and I consider Knitversity not worth paying for. I'm sure others will feel differently. Now I've read more responses I wonder if he's simply trying to make every penny he can from anything he charges for. He had some other endeavor that I think left a lot of people not receiving what they paid for. I wouldn't trust him.
I have found mistakes in his videos. He is only human after all. lol.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom