Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m working I the eyelets for the drawstrings that will close the bag.
The instructions are:
K2,* cast off 2, K4 (including the stitch already on the needle), repeat from * to last four stitches, cast off 2, K2

Do I knit 2 and then cast off 1, knit and cast off 1 ?
When it says knit 4 (including the stitch already on the needle). Does this mean I only knit 3?

Thanks in advance my yarn friends from afar.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
You knit 2, then have to knit 2 more sts before beginning to cast off any stitches.
You then need to knit another st to be able to do the 2nd cast off.

Once you've cast off the 2 sts, you will then K3 for the next bit (as you will have 1 st on the needles after casting off)
Hope this makes sense

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BobzMum said:
You knit 2, then have to knit 2 more sts before beginning to cast off any stitches.
You then need to knit another st to do the 2nd cast off.

Once you've cast off the 2 sts, you will then K3 for the next bit (you will have 1 st on the needles after casting off)
Hope this makes sense
For the second part of I cast off 2 together from the 4 or k1 cast off, k1 cast off ?

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jessica-Jean said:
The instructions are:
K2,* cast off 2, K4 (including the stitch already on the needle), repeat from * to last four stitches, cast off 2, K2.

It would be more usually written:

K2, * cast off 2, K3; repeat from * to last 4 stitches, cast off 2, K2.

You repeat the bolded part.

Perfect. Now I am knitting the 3 and k, cast off, knit, cast off, repeat.

Woohoo!!!

Does that make more sense?

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
What pattern are you using? It might be in "my collection" which has way more patterns than possible to knit in a lifetime but if I should need to know, which pattern is it so I can amend the directions? I've knitted some for a charity sale but quite a few years ago. The dolls I liked that fit perfectly and the store that sold them are gone.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
k2p3-knit-on said:
What pattern are you using? It might be in "my collection" which has way more patterns than possible to knit in a lifetime but if I should need to know, which pattern is it so I can amend the directions? I've knitted some for a charity sale but quite a few years ago. The dolls I liked that fit perfectly and the store that sold them are gone.
https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/cradle-bag-2

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom