Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Kaffe Fassett is one of my favourite Designers.
I have many of his Books.
He makes you aware that you can take One Pattern and either needlepoint, knit, patchwork, rug making, cross stitch, paint and use the ART of COLOUR to change the Look and Feel of your piece of ART WORK,
I wish you were my Friend living aroung the corner as I would visit you often.
[email protected]

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I am amazed at your work...
and love Fassett's design savvy...
What books did you go by to knit both the squares and the two figures in such glorious colors?
Kindly advise... it would be greatly appreciated.
May in Atlant

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
Every day I learn something from this site.I only heard the words "Kaffe Fasset" mentioned once before & wasn't sure exactly what it meant.Now I do. Lady Maureen K., you knit circles around me !!What truly gorgeous work.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm crazy for Kaffe Fasset designs and just recently discovered them. Does anyone know if it's necessary to have a 'class' to learn his stuff or is it just a matter of following his patterns (which look complicated but if you're using small pieces of yarn and cutting - maybe not so difficult?)

Thanks!
Westy3350

·
Registered
177 Posts
I love to look at Kaffee Fassett's work, but found after purchasing one of his books that I just can't bring myself to shop up perfectly good yarn into little itty-bitty pieces. It's a shame, too, as I love being creative with my knitting.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I used all seasons cotton by rowan. There are books that kaffe fasset has - he has a web site and the books are on amazon as well.
for knitting, I would photocc and enlarge the pattern. then i would cross out each row as I knit it. It is not so difficult as it looks, as it is basically a fair isle approach technique.

thanks so much for your posting!
Maureen Krislov

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I used left over yarn, so it didn't bother me to cut it up.

the technique is, that I did,:

photocopy the pattern and enlarge it as much as possible. as I knit each row, I highlighted it on the pattern, which made it so very simple - however, still quite time consuming. The figurines took a month and the square is about 12" x 12"

the blanket took longer, but I made squares in between different projects.

thanks so much for your posting!
Maureen Krislov

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom