Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For some reason I have lost touch with this (Lion Brand Vanna's Stranded afghan) KAL. Can someone please tell me how to get back in touch with those who are doing it. I had to redo the third log because it was too tight.

·
Registered
7,057 Posts
Oh, boy..what a pickle... Contact them on the Lionbrand Site and tell them your problem. Maybe they can get you the log. How long ago were you doing this?

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Do you, by any chance , mean the slip stitch afghan? I'm not in a knit along, but I am making that afghan and just completed the third log which did come out smaller than I want. I thought about pulling it out and doing it with a needle one size larger.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I bought the kit and put it away until I finished another project. I was almost finished when I saw a notice here about problems with the pattern. So I got the kit down and did some research; made sure my pattern was the most recent one; and started knitting it. There were very helpful comments form the people who were ahead of me in the pattern. I guess I will just have to go it alone.

·
Registered
430 Posts
knit2p2 said:
Truth is, I can't find the other members who are knitting it. The pattern had several corrections and their comments saved me a lot of grief.
Hi again Sunny,
Yes...they are right. It's the Slip Stitch Sampler Throw KAL where we met. But it was a free pattern.
Just type that in the seach on top of any page & it should take you there. I'll be waiting to see you! lol...
EdnaD1

·
Registered
430 Posts
anne of green gables said:
Do you, by any chance , mean the slip stitch afghan? I'm not in a knit along, but I am making that afghan and just completed the third log which did come out smaller than I want. I thought about pulling it out and doing it with a needle one size larger.
I used size 10 needles for my square because I like it looser but had to use size 9, 'smaller' needles for logs 5 & 6 as they were too loose & came out too wide. The smaller needle worked well for them.
In your case, you might want to do a swatch on 1 size larger needles & then a swatch on 2 sizes larger to see which you like better.
I don't think a throw should be too tight as it should flow more, in my opinion. I have used Red Heart Soft yarn & Caron Simply Soft yarn for mine.
Edna

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom