Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks love my kitchen, and always asking me about my recipes...I make about 90percent of my own groceries and sharing my mixes and easy recipes is a JOY from my heart.

most of my recipes are easy to make, and can take from about a minute or two to mix up, and most about 5-10mins to cook or bake!---with a minimum of ingredients, and I usualy spend about $80.00 a month total groceries for the two of us!(but, I usualy cook enough for about 4, cause hb is a "foodie")

We don't like processed foods and try to minimize that as much as we can by making pre-mixed zip-locked pkgs, then just add the "wet" ingreds....takes about 5mins to make things like brownies, sweetrolls, cookies...etc is endless! ;-) ...and all from scratch,and normal pantry items...a super money saver!!!!!!

Usually when I'm knittin' I am buisy writting down new recipes as soon as I get the ideas!!!!---and creating a cooking scrapbook on the pc,funny how that happens!--I must get hungry while knittin'....

If any of you are interested in this too, let me know if it will fly...and I will post a few each day beginning Sept 1,2012...

give me a shout and a :thumbup: if any of you are interested in this subject, okay?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
fergablu2 said:
I spend $80 just picking up a few things at the supermarket, but with an autistic child, time is worth more than money. I'm still interested in your recipes.
kuddos!---I know the feelin'---I'm with ya, and a prayer for your child...My hb is 68, and recently found out he was autistic as a child, he recently had a stroke which caused him to retire, I had nooooo idea what autism was to say the least but he had a stroke and it came back with a vengence!----I studied as much as I could and found how to work with him and not to take his meltdowns personal as it sure seemed he took everything out on me...okay now he is retired, and after 6yrs he is finaly getting used to it...and he helps me in the kitchen, strange, tho....he was never interested in even helping me dry dishes...now he wants to be the coffemaker and microwave GuRu and does well, but long directions are a thing of the past, and I have to repeat alot, and kindness and God's love is always a focus he likes....

he does many things well,yet...but, the MID (multi-infarct dementia, with the Autism that comes with 2-14 days every month can be trying) the rest of the time he is "the Most Precious hb!!!!---it comes and goes in stages....this is why it came to me to make the mixes that even he can do for me when I can't walk or stand for very long!!!...p.s. I had two brain surgeries for a non-cancer 2 1/2" tumor, and it effected my joints and kidneys...but, I doing well, and faithful and always eternaly optomistic, that helps.!!

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
I too am interested, I spend about 80.00 a month too, but I work so late, that I must admit, I buy alot of prefab meals...but am starting to feel the after shocks of them. I do make meals for the week on my days off, but ya know ya get tired of spaghetti 5 days in a row, and even then I end up freezing some, which hopefully cuts down on the amount of yucky for you stuff I buy.I am single so 80.00 seems like a lot for one person.

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
well I can believe you can eat nutritious meals with the small amount that you say. I spend over $1000 a month for 4 of us and know for a fact that the cost can be brought down dramatically.

My MIL could make great meals out of scraps that tasted great and fed many.

I like the idea of ingredients in a zip lock bag to make snack foods and if you are willing to make our lives easier and more affordable I am all in. What will you label the posts as so we can search if we miss it?

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
I also would be very interested in your recipes,anything that helps to speed things up in the kitchen is great for me,can't stand for a very long time,thank you for wanting to share,I look forward to seeing them all.

Gladys .UK.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Good Morning, thank you for your info. I am very interested in any help you can give me to save money and have a healthy diet. There is just Jay and I. He is six so cookies, yes. I will eat most anything except alot of meat but you are not talking about that. So, yes, please give us some of your ideas and receipts. Thanks

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom