Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I am a long time machine knitter who is trying to go back to a hand knit project. I want to learn to knit a flap heel sock on 2 circulars and everything i've found is more than I can handle. Does anyone have a tried and true basic sock that they can direct me to> I'd love to finally say I knitted these. TIA Carole in Oregon

· Registered
9,462 Posts
I knit a lot of socks and do them two at a time on one circular needle. I learned from the Melissa Morgan-Oaks books. They have great tutorials in the front with lots of photos and very clear directions. After learning the techniques, I am able to use traditional patterns for this method.

· Registered
62 Posts
Check out (url) www.knittinghelp.com.(/url) It's full of video tutorials on both basic and advanced techniques. They've even got the video to answer the burning question on every beginner sock knitter's mind: So, what exactly is the "magic loop"?

Also - You tube videos will show you how and have links for patterns.

There is a sockknitters group on Yahoo with lots of lessons and pictures.

Google and see what all you find. No LYS with a class?

I personally love Magic Loop - only one needle to keep track of but the sock is divided in two as it would be for two circulars.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom