Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
16,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted a scrubby about the size of a Brillo Pad, so I came up with my own pattern. After a couple tries, I decided to add the crochet thread to the scrubby yarn in order to achieve the type of pad I wanted. Here is my pattern.

Materials
Red Heart Scrubby Yarn
Aunt Lydia’s Fashion Crochet Thread
US Size K Crochet Hook

Pattern
Holding one strand of each together, begin with slip knot and chain 4 stitches. Slip stitch in first chain to form ring.

Round 1: Ch1, 6 sc in center of ring, sl st in first sc = 6 sc.
Round 2: Ch1, 2 sc in each sc around, sl st in first sc of round. = 12 sc.
Round 3: Ch 1, *2 sc in next st, 1 sc in next st, repeat from * around, sl st in first sc of round = 18 sc.
Round 4: Ch1, *2 sc in next st, 1 sc in next 2 sts, repeat from * around, sl st in first sc of round = 24 sc.
Rounds 5 & 6: Ch1, 1 sc in each sc around, sl st in first sc.
Round 7: Ch1, *sc 2 tog, sc 2, repeat from * around, sl st. in first sc of round = 18 sc.
Round 8: Ch1 , *sc 2 tog, sc 1, repeat from * around, sl st in first sc of round = 12 sc.
Round 9: Ch 1, *sc 2 tog, repeat from * around, sl st in first sc of round = 6 sc.

Cut both yarn and thread and tie off. Hide tails by pulling into center of scrubby.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
gramknits said:
I wanted a scrubby about the size of a Brillo Pad, so I came up with my own pattern. After a couple tries, I decided to add the crochet thread to the scrubby yarn in order to achieve the type of pad I wanted. Here is my pattern.

Materials
Red Heart Scrubby Yarn
Aunt Lydia’s Fashion Crochet Thread
US Size K Crochet Hook

Pattern
Holding one strand of each together, begin with slip knot and chain 4 stitches. Slip stitch in first chain to form ring.

Round 1: Ch1, 6 sc in center of ring, sl st in first sc = 6 sc.
Round 2: Ch1, 2 sc in each sc around, sl st in first sc of round. = 12 sc.
Round 3: Ch 1, *2 sc in next st, 1 sc in next st, repeat from * around, sl st in first sc of round = 18 sc.
Round 4: Ch1, *2 sc in next st, 1 sc in next 2 sts, repeat from * around, sl st in first sc of round = 24 sc.
Rounds 5 & 6: Ch1, 1 sc in each sc around, sl st in first sc.
Round 7: Ch1, *sc 2 tog, sc 2, repeat from * around, sl st. in first sc of round = 18 sc.
Round 8: Ch1 , *sc 2 tog, sc 1, repeat from * around, sl st in first sc of round = 12 sc.
Round 9: Ch 1, *sc 2 tog, repeat from * around, sl st in first sc of round = 6 sc.

Cut both yarn and thread and tie off. Hide tails by pulling into center of scrubby.
Thank you for sharing. I've made these but I used the crochet cotton and tulle(sp). My have lasted for years. I'll have to try it your way. Thanks again.

·
Registered
16,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
missjg said:
OH! Hot Dog! Great Pattern! Just what I need too! Thank U! How do you find the time??? :) My socks frogged MMmmm times already...trying new lace pattern... and dang TV. LOL OOOP... dropped..
I made this back in the spring, just forgot to post! I am making progress with other things though. Got the shawl done, but need to block it before posting and its a gift for October, so I'm not in a rush, just glad the crocheting of it is done!

·
Registered
16,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Butterfly1943 said:
That looks much better than the one I tried using Bernat cotton and Scrubby. Mine turned out too heavy and hard to wring out. I'll have to try yours.
I also tried #4 weight cotton and found it too heavy and bulky, so decided to try thread instead.

·
Registered
16,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ljsb3 said:
I like this - will have to check if I have the size 3 in my tub - know I have size 10 cotton - hmmm maybe that might work?
I would give it a try. I didn't have any at all, so the size 3 seemed like the next step to try.

·
Registered
16,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you everyone, so glad you like the pattern. Don't know how long one will last and don't really use scrubbies a lot, but it has held up for a few months so far.

·
Registered
5,338 Posts
gramknits said:
I made this back in the spring, just forgot to post! I am making progress with other things though. Got the shawl done, but need to block it before posting and its a gift for October, so I'm not in a rush, just glad the crocheting of it is done!
Oh still love it! Your doing better than me! My grandson is here painting on/off and can't block his hoodie with him around so that's on hold (again)...playing with pair of socks that have been frogged more than knitted. :) I should be but at this age..pfftt what gets done gets done! :)

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom