Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know if Knit Companion will work on a Kindle Fire now that they've released their Android version last September?

I could try it, but it's easier to ask you and how well it performs if it will install.

TIA

·
Registered
9,710 Posts
Nitting_More said:
Does anybody know if Knit Companion will work on a Kindle Fire now that they've released their Android version last September?

I could try it, but it's easier to ask you and how well it performs if it will install.

TIA
I downloaded it to my kindle fire and it took over. In other words instead of the browser opening up for a download KC pops up. I'm going to wait and see if they come out with a version for Fire.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
tobo11 said:
I downloaded it to my kindle fire and it took over. In other words instead of the browser opening up for a download KC pops up. I'm going to wait and see if they come out with a version for Fire.
Thanks. I haven't heard that they will, but it's Christmas so maybe that will be a gift to us before the year ends. My Kindle Fire is at least 6 years old so it might not work even if they do.

In the meantime, I guess I'll buy another tablet on sale that I know will work. They are so expensive, but I've got it into my head that I want to use (try) Knit Companion. Who knew it would cost me several hundred dollars to do so. I'd just BETTER like it!

I see there are some upcoming classes for it on December 11 and 12 and the price isn't too bad. Problem is that they're intermediate and advanced and I haven't even got kindergarten down yet.
:sm19:

·
Registered
522 Posts
I love Knit Companion and have it on my iPad. The only downside is I have it powered up the whole time I'm knitting so the battery needs charging more often. I've started using it for when I travel (which hopefully will start again in the late spring) and stick with paper at home.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Nitting_More said:

TIA
I use it on my Android tablet, so it should work on the Kindle Fire, but I have not actually used it there.

·
Registered
10,078 Posts
I have a Fire HD 8" and the free version of Knit Companion works perfectly on it! There are a few KC options that are only available for IOS devices, but I haven't needed them. KC has added more android options in the last few months.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
I have a KidleFire love KC I do not have paid version. I don't think. I can't remember if I got it to download or not.messed with it when I first got it haven't bothered since. To busy using it????

·
Registered
93,689 Posts
I love knitting companion and use for every pattern, my kids got me a tablet for last mothers day so I could load all my patterns and have a larger screen than what my mobile phone has, it also allowed me to free up a lot of memory on my phone

My old mobile phone wouldn't allow me to use the update as it ran off android 6 but allowed me to use the older version......

I really enjoy using KC I subscribed as I like the extra features it really helps with reading charts ....im still learning more of the features

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
I save many, many patterns onto my KC iPad! Love it. I keep a spare USB port next to my knitting chair so I don’t run out of power. Also in the car I have a USB port to plug in whilst traveling ????

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom