Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,

I like dolls with eyelet lace knitting , can we add any other lace instead eyelet lace and decorate dolls , what sort of patterns we can knit with eyelet lace for dolls, they look preety but at the end they come expensive , lace , ribbons etc .

Any other ideas using any other lace ribbons or flowers to decorate dolls , making for charity , cant afford expensive laces and trimmings.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Hi Sitara. If you crochet, you can buy an inexpensive ball of fine (or thin) crochet thread and use a very small hook to make petite lace trim for the dresses (I've done this). Crochet thread is so inexpensive you can get it in several colors, too. I have also used the same thread to create fine ribbon-like chains to serve as belts, handbag handles, laces and bows for shoes, etc. I salvage any trims I find on clothing that's being discarded, too. And - bows and ribbons from presents received. I'm a real pack rat and always look for salvageable fabric-friendly things for crafting. One year I picked up copper and silver scrubbies at the supermarket o make funky hair for clothes pin dolls. I've also bought nylon net shower scrubbies for ballerina doll tutus. I hope this gives you ideas for scavenging for your creations.

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thx if you got any picture of lace you made and send , actually english is not my language but sometimes I cant get all , I went town todaya nd looked the lace and that is £ 1.20 a meter and the dress I am making for a doll I need about 50 yards etc for 2 dolls, yes that is very preety idea making trims myself I was thinking today may be I can try add beads in wool and knit or add beads after knitting an dthey can be used as laces trim as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom