Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Knit King motor that I have no motor stand for, what's the best way to attach to a very strong table. I was thinking of putting down a piece of 3/4 inch plywood to cover the area where motor and machine will sit and mount motor to that which will be attached to table top. Can you all post pictures of how your knitting motors are attached to Brother machines on tables.

Thanks in advance,
Rhonda

·
Registered
708 Posts
You would at least need the uprights that the motor is attached to - this normally bolts to the stand and the motor track. Without them, I don't think you would get the correct distance between the machine and motor very easily. I guess it wouldn't be impossible but you need some very strong timber to replace the uprights and even then I'm not sure that it would take the force that the motor exerts when moving the carriage from side to side. The distance between the motor track and carriage is critical, even a few millimetres will make a difference

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All supports are there, it was just removed from the stand. They even left the brackets that were attached to the stand. The person that purchased the machine has the stand which was intended for the motor. Sooo, trying to figure out the best way to attach to a heavy table. Guess, I'll just have to try it out unless I can find another motor stand.

Thanks for all of the input.

Rhonda

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Unfortunately, she's not local. my table is 2 sets of kitchen cabinets lined up in a rectangle, that about 3 feet wide with a 7 foot office conference room door as the top it's solid and about 3 inches thick. I am thinking with a piece of 3/4 inch plywood just wide enough for the motor brackets to bolt and through the table top and in addition to be able to go under the knitting machine and stick out enough for the machine to bolt to. Guess we'll just try it and see what happens.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
MKEtc.com said:
I was assuming the 2 end supports are there as she said missing stand. Without them, it would be very challenging as they support the motor on the rail
I agree with the above opinion...don't think it is even a good idea,sure wouldn't even take a chance with any of my Kms!! Could easily damage them.It's hard enough to correctly assemble from new!! With everything there and the directions.VERY IMPORTANT to get everything adjusted correctly with the belt,etc.

·
Registered
896 Posts
They are not easy to find separate. If you can locate one it's obviously the best option. Your idea should work if not. I have seen a few Simet drives mounted similar to your idea.

Only concern is wood is not the best option if you plan on attaching a ribber. I had a few wood KM tables from Superba machines and drove me crazy putting brother machine with ribbers. The table was warped making it impossible to align ribber.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks, I do have a Simet Junior motor attached to an industrial table, but it has brackets that slide onto the table so far so good. If I can't locate a stand what materials would you suggest for mounting a ribber? I have a friend that does metal work, maybe he can build me a steel frame. Just thinking outloud...

Rhonda

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom