Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
13,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just scored two balls of this yarn off of ebay, $9.99 and free shipping. Package came today and immediately cast on for hand towel for Hubby's bathroom (ssshhh... it's a surprise for his birthday) It's wonderful to work with! So soft and knitting beautifully! I'm working a garter and stockinette striped pattern on size 2 needles, so it's going to be a lot of knitting, but I have a month before his birthday, so a little bit everyday should do it. Just wanted to tell everybody how happy I am with the yarn, awesome!!!!

·
Registered
13,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
limeygirl said:
I LOVE knitting with KnitPicks Cotlin...the more it is washed the softer it gets. Hope your hubby enjoys his towel and appreciates all the work that went in to knitting it. Blessings,
How is it for garments? Does it stretch and sag as much as other cotton?

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
knitnanny said:
I think you paid $4.99 for shipping as this yarn is $2.99 on the Knit Picks website...
That's what I was thinking too. So, no great deal, but still great yarn!! I've made some facecloths and a dishtowel in Cotlin and it was wonderful for that. I've not made a garment with it though.

·
Registered
12,727 Posts
Good score.
books said:
Just scored two balls of this yarn off of ebay, $9.99 and free shipping. Package came today and immediately cast on for hand towel for Hubby's bathroom (ssshhh... it's a surprise for his birthday) It's wonderful to work with! So soft and knitting beautifully! I'm working a garter and stockinette striped pattern on size 2 needles, so it's going to be a lot of knitting, but I have a month before his birthday, so a little bit everyday should do it. Just wanted to tell everybody how happy I am with the yarn, awesome!!!!

·
Registered
29,832 Posts
books said:
Yes, it seems I over paid. Oh well, love it anyway, want more!!!! :sm01:
And the good news is that you can get it at KnitPicks in many colors for less money any time you want! I abandoned eBay a few years back when I realized how easy it is to get ripped off there. As they say, experience is the best teacher.

I have used Cotlin several times (I'm a sucker for linen yarns) and it has never stretched no matter what I have made with it.

·
Premium Member
8,127 Posts
I love Cotlin!

·
Registered
5,593 Posts
books said:
Yes, it seems I over paid. Oh well, love it anyway, want more!!!! :sm01:
I have some I bought on their last sale, haven't worked with it yet, but it does seem soft. What color(s) did you get?

·
Registered
7,297 Posts
No problem with cotlin stretching or sagging as it has the linen blended in. It's easier to use than linen and lighter than cotton - a really great combination. I would only buy from Knitpicks.com in the future. They have good customer service and great yarns.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom