Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 19 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
They look great. I may have to try toe up in the future. What's next?
Hopefully our order will come in before we meet again.

·
Registered
9,227 Posts
NRoberts said:
Some of you may remember my post a few days ago sharing my delight in discovering Knit Picks' Felici yarn. These are the finished socks using the Fizz colorway. It is going to be discontinued but Knit Picks may still have some available.

I love knitting with this yarn. Absolutely love it.
and I absolutely love your socks! Isn't Knit Picks the greatest? They always have such wonderful yarn for such great prices.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
impatient knitter said:
I just ordered two skeins!! How lucky am I?? Do you think that will be enough for a pair of socks?

...gloria
I'll answer for Nroberts. Yes it will be enough. I just ordered the same yarn in a different color and she told me that 2 skeins will make two socks plus.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
LOVE these! I haven't tried socks yet. I'm still working on Wingspans so I can try a Dreambird next, then maybe a more complicated shawl, then I may try socks after that.

The Wingspan is a great project since I'm teaching myself to knit Continental as opposed to English style (which I've been doing for 45 years).

I'm looking forward to learning how to make socks!

·
Registered
10,116 Posts
Florida Gal said:
I'll answer for Nroberts. Yes it will be enough. I just ordered the same yarn in a different color and she told me that 2 skeins will make two socks plus.
Great!! Thanks, Florida. I'd like to make my room-mate a pair, but THIS time, I'm going to try to make them match! She's the one I made the orange socks for, and the more mismatched they are when I make her socks, the better she likes them. I told her THIS time, they're going to match! I showed her Nroberts' pair, and she loved them. I asked her if she noticed that the colors matched, and she said, "Yeah. Pity." But I told her I was going to make hers the same way. She reluctantly approved.

Thanks again...
...gloria

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Thanks for the tip on the Felicity yarn and color Fizz. I just ordered a couple of them plus another color in the "Say Goodbye" sale section on KnitPicks.

·
Registered
12,870 Posts
When I saw your first pic of the toes, I went immediately to the Knit Picks site and order two other colors of the Felici yarn, both in the Goodbye Sale section. They should be in shortly. Can't wait to start my next pair of socks with them! My hope is that they turn out half as good as yours!

·
Registered
12,870 Posts
NRoberts said:
How kind of you to say that! Honestly, this yarn is such a dream to knit with that your socks will turn out beautifully.

I finished the pair and immediately cast on Felici Rainbow.

Love, love, love this yarn.
I ordered Sugared Violets and Fizz. I had to get enough to make a pair for my sister who will definitely want a pair after she sees the colors. That yarn can't get here fast enough!

1 - 19 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom