Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heads up to anyone who is thinking about buying a Swift or ball winder Knit Picks has a 40% off sale right now on both so a ball winder costs including shipping about 17.00 and their ball winder is very good I have had to borrow one from a girl friend before now but when mine comes I will have my own now.

·
Registered
13,670 Posts
I bought Knit Picks' ball winder and after using it awhile I gave it away...it was horrible to use. I bought the Standwood ball winder and it is great to use.

·
Registered
20,172 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. I bought the birch swift today. Already had the ball winder and it works fine for my use. My son has been the winder and I'm the swift, but this will be easier. Their products and customer service have always be welcome in my home.

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
barbara97801 said:
Heads up to anyone who is thinking about buying a Swift or ball winder Knit Picks has a 40% off sale right now on both so a ball winder costs including shipping about 17.00 and their ball winder is very good I have had to borrow one from a girl friend before now but when mine comes I will have my own now.
Thanks for the information!????

·
Registered
39,095 Posts
I had trouble with the Knit Picks swift. The peg wouldn't tighten enough. I bought a table top Stanwood and have been using it for a long time and love it.

·
Registered
93,689 Posts
I don't think I'd use a swift very often, most of my yarn comes in skeins...but if be lost without my winder I use several times every week, I did buy a cheap plastic one to start with but it didn't hold much yarn and was slow then it started to play up so I bought a new much bigger metal one and have been so happy I wish I'd bought this one first

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom