Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have bought one set of cotton yarn from Knit Pics and not very pleased with it. Ice yarns I see them every where on the internet but never bought any due to the shipping cost and do not know anything about Turkey to give out Credit card numbers etc.,

Prema

·
Registered
494 Posts
I have enjoyed the sock yarn I purchased from Knit Picks but have never bought from Ice Yarns. Sorry, can't help on that. Have you bought from Lion Brand or any of the other manufacturers? If I like the yarn, I look up the manfacturer on the internet and if they do not sell their yarn they tell you who does.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I have bought several times from Ice Yarn. You do need to be aware of the shipping costs but if you carefully watch the quantity of yarn you purchase it really doesn't work out expensive. I have really enjoyed working the yarns I bought from them. If you buy from them they will also send you a regular email with details of their 'Tuesday promotions' or 'garage sales' Yarn really is cheap then!!
I have had no problems with using credit card with them.

·
Registered
55,965 Posts
I also have bought from Yarn Paradise,twice now. The shipping is high but when you average it out with the cost of the yarn you are still getting a good deal. My last purchase was a large one and the average per skein was around $5.00. It was all frilly ruffly yarn for scarves. I have no problem using my debit card.

·
Registered
9,217 Posts
I have purchased from http://www.yarn-paradise.com 5 times now, and have been very pleased with their yarns. Yes the shipping is rather high, but when added to the cost of their very reasonable yarns, they work out much cheaper that I can buy from on UK websites. had no problems with payment either. Well worth it. Leonora

·
Registered
22,991 Posts
PremaSweezey said:
I have bought one set of cotton yarn from Knit Pics and not very pleased with it. Ice yarns I see them every where on the internet but never bought any due to the shipping cost and do not know anything about Turkey to give out Credit card numbers etc.,

Prema
I just bought a bunch of cotton yarn from Ice Yarns, and it arrived yesterday. I am VERY pleased with it! It's really super-good quality, and I can't wait to use it to make summer tops. Even with the shipping, I ended up paying less than $2 (US) per ball of yarn.

Hazel

·
Registered
24 Posts
You can always try to find a LYS in your area/State and order yarn from them. Firm believer in supporting our small business owners and usually they are super kind and helpful. Personally when you calculate gas cost and your time, shipping cost is okay by me.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Hi. I've bought yarn from Ice Yarn on eBay and have always been pleased with both the quality of the yarn and the service. (I do try to buy local, but I live on a small island, so there's not a huge amount of choice)

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Can you tell me the name of the cotton yarn you purchased from Paradise? I love working with cotton yarn, since I live in Southern California, I like to make things I can wear more than a few times a year. It's hard buying on the internet, no feeling or seeing. Thanks
Keep Me In Stitches

·
Registered
22,991 Posts
Keepmeinstitches said:
Can you tell me the name of the cotton yarn you purchased from Paradise? I love working with cotton yarn, since I live in Southern California, I like to make things I can wear more than a few times a year. It's hard buying on the internet, no feeling or seeing. Thanks
Keep Me In Stitches
I don't have the yarns in front of me, but I remember that two of them were the brand name "Keith." One was the brand name "Organic Cotton." Another was either "Degas" or "Monet." You can look yarns up under "cotton" or "yarns for summer" or "linen."

Hazel

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
I've purchased from Ice Yarns many times. Excellent yarn and service. The price for shipping isn't that high when you compare the cost of the yarns. I'm very satisfied with them and have no qualms about giving out my credit card number.
PremaSweezey said:

Prema

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom