Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question on a pattern from the book, Knit Prayer Shawls by Leisure Arts - would anyone here happen to have knit this pattern? it is called:
"Comfort Abides" [p. 24 ]
I am having difficulty getting the stitches to add up to the required amount.
It might just be a counting problem of my own; but have tried checking the site, see no errata/corrections for this particular pattern.
thanks for any advice/suggestions ~

·
Registered
717 Posts
Can you post a picture of it or the pattern. I am new to knitting but if it is the one I think it is it looks like a feather and fan pattern. If you don't yarn over to make up for the stitches knitted together it can through off the count. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
> If you don't yarn over to make up for the stitches knitted together it can through off the count. <
Yes - and that is why I couldn't understand because I re-counted stitches on all row - but - last night, I figured it out! It wasn't a row error, but an overall counting mistake I made - between the last row and going back to the first row in the sequence, you are increasing by 3 stitches not only 2, just for between those two rows! So those *extra* stitches when counted correctly, all turns out okay! Whew! Now I can go back to enjoying knitting and not worrying over what the final count will turn out!
[in short words: I was doing fine, and the shawl would have turned out having the required stitches, I just didn't count right!]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom